Beyonders 2022 Summer Internship - DevOps
The Beyond Limits Summer Internship program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Artificial Intelligence through an immersive experience. Participants will be embedded in our current full-time teams of designers, programmers, and developers to help conceive new concepts, solve real business issues, and work with some of the industry’s top talent.
This internship is a F/T role that spans 8-10 weeks over the summer and will run from mid-June through mid-August of 2022. In addition to their projects, participants will gain additional knowledge and networking opportunities through technical speaker series, development workshops, and social events as part of the internship.
To support projects focused on improving and updating DevOps tools and processes and the execution of established DevOps standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Ideal candidates should possess a background in one of the following technical areas: software development, distributed computing, system administration, or cloud operations. Candidates with backgrounds in applied sciences or engineering is a plus.
Additionally, candidates should be flexible and adaptable to their work; have the ability to work in a team environment and be highly collaborative, and be naturally curious and innovative in solution solving.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years old at time of start
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a bachelors degree or higher with at least one semester or quarter left at time of start
- Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure & services for AWS, Azure or GCP
- Familiarity of DevOps tools and technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes or Containerized CI/CD.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Java, Python or bash scripting is required
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of internship assignment
- All interested candidates must apply through Beyond Limits' website in order to be considered
- Competitive GPA
- Experience with web applications, databases, & distributed systems,
- Familiarity or working knowledge of machine learning tool sets and/or algorithms
- Ability to write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly where required
- Bonus: Past relevant tech internship experience
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge