Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist for our Machine Learning team. The Machine Learning (ML) team is dedicated to building production-quality solutions as part of the broader pipelines that span from data processing and feature engineering to model development, deployment, and maintenance. We are working on several high impact problems for the Technology, Finance, Utilities and Energy sectors, with heavy focus on hybrid modeling, time series data, and various optimization schemes. The ideal candidate comes from a numerate discipline with application-oriented mindset and advanced technical skills including several years of research and hands-on experience in data analytics, machine learning, coding and scientific computing, and strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders and non-technical subject-matter experts. He/she will be required to take initiatives across Beyond Limits’ various projects and products including to propose and code up practical data driven solutions and work closely with engineering and software teams to implement and productionize.
- Ownership of machine learning aspects of various projects across the company
- Further establish companywide standards for ML model lifecycle
- Delivering production quality ML pipelines
- Mentor and actively help with career development of the junior members of the team
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to brainstorm, design, implement and deliver ML solutions to some of the most challenging problems
- Review the solution design, algorithm selection, data processing and model delivery
- 5+ years of experience in a lead machine learning engineering role
- 2+ years of experience in delivering production machine learning
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or MSc with 7 years of experience
- Strong Python is a must, other programing background (R, MATLAB) desirable
- Robust engineering mindset with keen interest in Industrial ML
- Experience working with various open source/commercial data science libraries and platforms
- Technical Leadership Experience
- Research experience with high impact publications in ML
- Familiarity with MLOps and other ML paradigms
- Application of ML in industrial project
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.