Technical Product Manager
Beyond Limits is seeking a tactical, and highly motivated Technical Product Manager to focus on the delivery of our Artificial Intelligence powered software product roadmap; this role is especially suited to individuals with a proven track-record managing delivery of cloud deployed Artificial Intelligence products. The ideal candidate will possess a keen familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum planning tools, combined with the capacity to synthesize high level and unstructured requirements into actionable work units through problem decomposition and planning.
- Define and manage the technical product roadmap for feature implementations, upgrades, and enhancements, balancing the need for new features, defects, and addressing of technical debt.
- Has the leadership skills and demonstrable ability to manage delivery of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional team of product managers, engineers and UI/UX designers to create a clear vision of what needs to be built to satisfy customer needs and convey that vision to the execution team of engineers and data scientists.
- Capture customer requirements as a set of actionable user stories and partner with the scrum teams to deliver on tasks in a timely manner; own and manage the backlog and ensure sprint iterations are always ready.
- Work with the development team on a daily basis to ensure work is optimally assigned and executed, help unblock teams when needed and frequently ship releases. .
- Establish key relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors, track their roadmaps, and influence technical direction. Communicate status, set up meaningful KPIs, track milestones, and gather stakeholder feedback.
- Actively participate in evaluating emerging technologies to support the company's business goals.
- 8+ years of overall experience, 5+ years of software technical product management experience
- MS/BS degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience negotiating scope and dependencies. Proven influencing and persuasion skills to operate successfully in a cross-functional manner and collaborate among multiple stakeholder groups with varying priorities and needs.
- Ability to identify and descriptively write concrete actionable work units to drive and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Keen understanding of large distributed systems, workflow dependencies and system integration.
- Experience with Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Grid Management, Industrial manufacturing, or similar industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms is highly desired (AWS, Azure, GCP); not mandatory.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.