Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position entails working within teams to build out cutting edge software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Lead and contribute actively to architecture & design decisions, and implementation discussions.
- Design & Implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency RESTful APIs.
- Design & Implement scalable microservices for deployment using container technologies.
- Evaluate and improve existing algorithms for production deployment.
- Automate build, deployment, monitoring and upgrades.
- Work closely with the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process.
- Write clean testable code.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Strong knowledge in some of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Python, Cypher Query Language.
- Experience with developing software with graph databases. Experience with Neo4j is a strong plus.
- Have the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies.
- Have the ability to work independently in a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience or familiarity with developing RESTful web APIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or Aurora.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, and/or Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems. Experience with AWS/Azure, Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.