Software Architect - Backend
Beyond Limits product organization is seeking a creative and passionate Software Architect to join our team. You should have experience in leading design, development, implementation, and maintenance of applications & back-end services demonstrating service-oriented architecture and secure applications development technology best practices. You understand the importance of customer focused design and choosing the right technology for a good end user experience. The position entails working in a fast-paced environment, working with multiple tiers of software systems that interface with innovative Artificial Intelligence technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Manifest technical skills to go very deep or broad in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverageable solutions.
- Define, plan, and execute sophisticated and impactful projects. Communicate the vision to peers and partners in executing large scale projects.
- Domain resources to engineers outside your team and help them use the right solutions. Facilitate technical discussions and aim to a consensus. Collaboration across teams is expected.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers and deeply invest in their learning and success. Give and solicit feedback, both positive and negative, to others you work with to help improve the entire team.
- Lead the effort to define the best practices in your immediate team, and help the broader organization establish better technical or business processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or related degree
- 10+ years of experience with one modern language such as Java, Python, C++ including object-oriented design
- Expert level knowledge of one or more of the latest backend technologies such as Django, Express JS, Node JS, Spring boot or Flask.
- Experience building distributed applications using microservices, with an eye toward high performance, scalability, reliability & redundancy
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and a cloud native environment such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and operating systems fundamentals such as concurrency, multithreading, file systems, locking etc.
- Strong knowledge with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Ability to identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in the field or broad across different teams. Extend, improve, or, when needed, build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt.
- Experience as technical leader within a SaaS software development organization.
- Experience with data pipeline architectures that execute Machine Learning models.
- Preferred, but not required would be to have worked in a fast-growth company that is scaling fast.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.