Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager
Beyond Limits is seeking a strong Software Engineering Manager to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will have a record of progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment This position entails working within teams to lead the build out of trailblazing software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Hire and manage highly skilled software talent, providing mentorship, coaching and career development guidance to members of the team
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, development and success of complex software offerings
- Work with cross-functional teams in product, data science, sales and finance to achieve business goals and contribute to product strategy
- Be both technically hands-on and a people manager
- Drive technical projects & conversations, participate in architectural decision-making, foster innovation and provide effective leadership
- Strongly influence technology & infrastructure direction, as well as cultural changes
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- Understand your customers’ businesses and ensure team alignment with those priorities
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 10+ years of software industry experience building & delivering scalable web applications and service-oriented architectures,
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams with several direct reports
- Ability to scale, build and develop a team of experienced professionals, providing career development and coaching
- Ability to execute with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now
- 6+ years of software development proficiency in at least 2 of these languages – Java (preferred), Python, Scala, C#, Go.
- Good working knowledge of modern database & storage technologies
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- You can communicate, write and present effectively
- Strong exposure to big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Flink, Hadoop, etc
- Familiarity with production deployments in AWS, Azure or similar public clouds
- Strong understanding of DevOps & CI/CD processes, as well as technologies for application deployment in the cloud such as Kubernetes
- Track record of planning and considering scalability, performance and availability
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.