We are looking for a bright and passionate Staff Accountant who is analytical, data-driven and has a can-do approach to problem-solving. This position will play a key role in helping our company scale its Finance organization to accommodate the requirements of its fast-growing and dynamic AI software business.
You will be responsible for assisting with general accounting and finance operations, including reviewing and entering accounts payable and employee expense transactions, reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger accounts, and assisting with the month-end close.
Critical to succeeding in this role is the ability to take ownership and obtaining a deep understanding of all areas of responsibility, possessing deep analytical skills, being highly detailed in processing transactions, and having the ability to be a part of a dynamic and energetic team within a fast-paced organization.
You will join a highly experienced, motivated, and collaborative Finance team with very high standards where your ideas to optimize our processes and grow through additional responsibilities of increasing complexity will be solicited and valued.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable; resolving discrepancies
- Analyze financial information and summarize purposeful financial data
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and process expense reports, credit card statements, and employee reimbursements
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, tables, and budget
- Assist with schedules required for audit and reporting
- Support month-end, quarterly and year-end close process and work with external auditors as necessary
- Develop and document process improvements and be a part of continuously strengthening the reporting cycle
- Ensure compliance with company policies, best practices, and GAAP
- Communicate and work with company employees to maintain expense reporting that are error-free and in compliance with policies
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis and presentation of materials for management
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting role
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based accounting software packages, (i.e. QuickBooks, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Technology or software company experience a plus
- SEC experience a plus; Experience with SOX is a plus
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
Other Skills and Attributes
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of our business.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing high-growth company environment.
- A track record of ensuring work is delivered timely and in accordance with quality standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, have a proactive approach and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to effectively manage and prioritize critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and non-political team environment.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.