Beyonders 2021 Summer Program - Marketing Intern
Beyond Limits is looking for a bright, passionate Marketing Intern who is organized, collaborative, and has a can-do approach to problem-solving. In this position, you will have the opportunity to immediately utilize the skills you’ve sharpened in school to work with the Beyond Limits marketing team to develop, launch, and manage key marketing initiatives to drive effective engagement with top-level executive audiences.
You will join a small but mighty, motivated, and collaborative marketing team with very high standards where your ideas will be solicited and valued. And you will learn something new every day. With energy and the spark of new ideas, you will learn how to bring the Beyond Limits brand to life and help us raise awareness with desired audiences. Everyone in Beyond Limits marketing has the producer mindset. Producers get things done, on time and in budget. This position reports to the Marketing Operations & Brand Strategy and will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop and execute innovative digital campaigns, content creation, event planning, internal marketing efforts, and drive improvements to make our message hit the target and stick the landing.
This internship is a F/T role that spans 8-10 weeks over the summer and will run from mid-June through mid-August of 2021. In addition to their projects, participants will gain additional knowledge and networking opportunities through speaker series, development workshops, and social events as part of the internship.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years old at time of start
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a bachelors degree or higher with at least one semester or quarter left at time of start
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of the internship assignment
- All interested candidates must apply through Beyond Limits' website in order to be considered
Position Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with marketing leadership to enable marketing strategy execution and best practice development
- Support various marketing channels including social, website, digital, events & programming, as well as our marketing editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Assist in developing campaign plans across various strategic corporate markets with objectives ranging from brand awareness to lead and prospect generation
- Support the broader marketing team with project management execution including working within our project management software to track deadlines, creative versioning, and project flows
- Work with marketing channel owners to prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns and projects
- Keep up-to-date and informed on new marketing trends and propose tactical optimizations where appropriate
- Ensure proper brand messaging is being executed in all campaigns across all marketing channels
Position Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a BS or BA Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Strategic Communications: Advertising and/or Public Relations or a related field
- Competitive GPA
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools and methodologies highly desired
- Strong verbal and written ability
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or After Effects
- Bonus: Past relevant marketing internship experience, or relevant coursework
- Resilience to handle a fast-paced business environment in a period of intense growth
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Express yourself thoughtfully, effectively, and succinctly
- Appetite to learn new things. Uncover and launch new channels to reach the target
- Fit into a culture of teamwork and collaboration. Working cross-functionally within organizations (e.g. a relationship builder, not an order taker)
- Practice proactive and open-communication to share digital expertise and techniques
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.