DevOps Engineer (EMEA)
Beyond Limits Technology organization is seeking a high-energy, creative and passionate DevOps Engineer to join our team. This position is a hybrid of DevOps and CloudOps, and entails working with our engineering teams to build out efficient development and cloud infrastructure systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build the development pipeline for efficiently & regularly deploying code to production
- Design, administer, deploy and manage systems and services on the AWS cloud
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a keen interest in automation
- Collaborate in an agile manner with engineers, data scientists, and other cross-functional teams to improve maintainability and reliability of services. Enhance team’s technical capabilities as it pertains to the DevOps culture.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, logging and metrics for production services
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
- Ensure compliance with appropriate security standards
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 6 or more years of experience in DevOps and/or Cloud engineering, or in software engineering with strong exposure to DevOps and CloudOps practices
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and automation of CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Harness, Maven, Nexus/Artifactory or equivalent
- Be well versed in administration tasks of managing Docker images, container orchestration on Docker and Kubernetes or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of major cloud technologies & concepts such as virtualization, containers, networking, etc.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals – Python, Terraform, Shell or equivalent
- Demonstrated work with one or more Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Familiarity with Security Ops topics in the cloud such as intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewalls
- Experience in cloud technology architecture & service management as it pertains to resiliency and disaster recovery is a plus
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.