Sr. Manager Machine Learning, M3
Our data science team is seeking an experienced manager for the machine learning group. We are looking for an experienced technical leader in the field that can take initiatives across Beyond Limits’ various products and projects working with, and mentoring, the machine learning team (currently five memeber). This team is building production quality ML pipelines that span from data engineering to model development, deployment and maintenance. We are mainly working on industrial problems with heavy focus on hybrid modeling, time series data and various optimization schemes.
- Ownership of machine learnig aspects of various projects across the company
- Further establish company wide standards for ML model life cyle
- Delivering production quality ML pipelines
- Mentor and actively help with career development of the junior members of the team
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to brainstorm, design, implement and deliver ML solutions to some of the most challenging problems
- Review the solution design, algorithm selection, data processing and model delivery
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience in a lead machine learning engineering role
- 2 years of experience in delivering production machine learning
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field or MSc with 7 years of experience
- Strong Python programming
- Robust engineering mindset
- Experience working with various opensource/commercial data science libraries and platfroms
- Technical Leadership Experience
- Research experience with high impact publications in ML
- Application of ML in industrial projects
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.