Beyond Limits seeks a Systems Administrator to assist us with our IT needs. In this role, you will assist in the day-to-day tasks of IT operations. Must be professional, detail-oriented, and reliable. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter as well as motivated contributor. You must also be patient and polite when working with others. This is an entry-level position and presents a great opportunity for a recent graduate to obtain hands on professional experience in the field.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administering software and hardware systems, networking infrastructure, server infrastructure, and data backup systems.
- Configuring and deploying workspace tools and equipment for end users
- Support IT HelpDesk by responding to tickets and offering customer service and support to fellow employees
- Troubleshoot network issues such as VPN, WiFi, DNS, etc.
- Perform installations, patches, and upgrades on servers and desktop hardware.
- Assure security of systems and continuous hardening.
- Learn new applications and software as needed
- Maintain, support, and troubleshoot company VoIP system.
- Audio/Visual systems troubleshooting
- Support compliance and system process documentation
- Performing occasional after-hours maintenance/upgrade/repair work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, CIS, or related field required
- Able to read, follow, and create network diagrams
- Must have an understanding of ITIL and cybersecurity standards and best practices
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Fortinet Firewalls, HPe SimpliVity and VMWare a plus
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud environments preferred
- Proficient as a user and able to train and instruct users on Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to continuously learn and support all office IT systems and functions as they evolve
- Process oriented and organized individual
- Be patient when working with others and troubleshooting issues
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.