Linux System Administrator
Linux System Administrator with a minimum of 5 years of experience. A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Applicant must possess TS//SCI with poly clearance.
Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Provide support for escalation and communication of status to management
Optimize system operations and resource utilization, perform analysis and planning functions
The following specific skill/experience set is desired:
* creation of kickstart files to support deployment of novel operating system loads
* Red Hat Enterprise 5,6 and 7, CentOS 5,6 and 7, and Ubuntu 12+ experience is required
* ability to install operating systems via PXEBOOT
* ability to deploy new network infrastructure as necessary - running Ethernet and fiber optic cables between offices, terminating workstations and switches, and configuring switches to suit security and service requirements.
* creation of DNS forward and reverse maps to support deployments of new LAN segments
* maintenance or LDAP databases including insertion, deletion, and modification of records
* experience with repairing damaged LDAP databases
* familiarity with Gerrit and Redmine applications
* ability to create custom RPMs
* ability to create and maintain yum repositories
* ability to create BASH scripts to control and administer large numbers of remote hosts
* familiarity with Xymon or other remote monitoring system, e.g. Nagios.
* experience configuring network switches, specifically including multicast subscriptions and VLANs.
* experience troubleshooting and recovering failed Linux machines, including file system repair
* ability to assess performance of software packages and recommend improvements to compute base
* ability to apply security patches to systems as well as back out security patches and create work-arounds in the event of problems
* ability to use iptables for filtering and forwarding of packets
* ability to scan systems for vulnerabilities and identify open ports on remote machines
* familiarity with Linux networking commands for troubleshooting, enabling, disabling, and configuring network interfaces
What is it like to be Resolute?
Resolute offers exceptional compensation and benefits such as 38 days paid leave, including birthdays off, robust training, student loan repayment, a company contribution into your 401k retirement plan up to 10%, of base salary, maternity/paternity benefits, a flexible schedule, and more!
We take pride in performing rewarding and challenging work in mission critical areas. Our culture consistently demonstrates the appreciation we have for our employees.
Voted #1 Place to Work in the Baltimore area!