Senior Splunk Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - Splunk
The best candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of the inner workings of Splunk and have great communication skills to interact with end users.
- Proficient with creating and managing Splunk knowledge objects (field extraction, macros, event types, etc.)
- Experience with onboarding new data sources in Splunk, analyzing the date for anomalies/trends, and building dashboard for key trends
- Mentor users and other groups on Splunk
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence for documentation and ticketing
- Expertise with Linux and command line interface
- Fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Shell or Python
- Experience with data normalization and data modeling within the Splunk Environment
- Experience in creating and managing Splunk DB connects identities, database connections, database inputs, outputs, lookups, and access controls
- Experience with regular expression (regex)
- Strong understanding of system log files and other structured and non-structured data
- Strong understanding of methods of collection, logging, windows filtering, tuning/baselining data
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Exceptional analytic abilities
- Active Top Secret/SCI with poly clearance is required
- Current Splunk Power user certification
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as: Nagios, Collectd, Kafka
- Experience with the development of documentation, architecture diagrams, and process and procedure for end users
- Knowledge of various operating systems (Linux, Windows) and databases (Mongo, MySQL, Oracle)
- SSP experience as it pertains to Splunk, Metrics, and software
What's it like to work at Resolute?
Our culture demonstrates the appreciation we have for our employees.
Resolute was named Best Benefits for all employers in the Baltimore area. They include 39 days paid leave, including birthdays off, robust training, student loan repayment, a 10% 401k retirement company contribution, maternity/paternity benefits, a flexible schedule, and more!
Voted #1 Place to Work in the Baltimore area!