Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information more efficiently. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Consultant II to join our Customer Success Organization. This is a remote role. The Consultant is the main point of contact for Benefitfocus clients during the onboarding process and is responsible for creating and managing project plans, gathering requirements, testing and delivery of requirements and weekly status updates for clients. The Consultant works directly with our Carrier client as well as their groups to ensure successful implementation and hand-off into a production environment. You will be working in a fun, engaging environment where every associate can participate in continuing education activities while staying current with the latest technology available
- Responsible for scoping change requests to determine feasibility, timelines, and costs,
- Collaborate with the data exchange product owners as part of the scoping process.
- Complete project intake tasks and partner with pod leads within the team to complete project assignments.
- Conduct and document meetings independently.
- Conduct complex analysis and troubleshooting tasks.
- Strong understanding of platform configurations and the impacts to EDI.
- Support senior consultants where needed.
- Operates effectively within the project timelines/SLAs in order to meet and / or exceed expectations and business drivers.
- Execute quality measures and resolution plans.
- Facilitate product overviews, trainings and implementation project meetings.
- Translate business process and benefits documentation into use cases for our platform to support the client's stated business objective.
- Attitude displays grit, resourcefulness, eager contribution, positivity, drive, and creativity.
- Contributes to process analysis and documentation, process improvement and cultural input.
- Maintains awareness of the status of all integration related activities including Analyst progress.
- Identifies and clearly communicates issues and risks as soon as possible to the DM/SC/Analyst and management if appropriate.
- Proactively shares knowledge and best practices with newer consultants and peers.
- Works collaboratively and respectfully with members of other teams and departments.
- Provides after hours coverage in a rotation during OE.
- Stays informed of all new product features and current best practices.
- Consistently meets project deliverables, which ultimately results in the delivery of on time and high-quality EDI integrations.
- Proactively shares knowledge and best practices with consultants and peers.
- Workable knowledge of Excel, SQL, VBA and XML.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics or related field.
- Strong communication skills and willing to work collaboratively within a cross functional team.
- Benefitfocus experience and a strong knowledge of carrier number configurations and EDI implementation
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.