Engineer II, Software
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
The Software Engineer II is an important contributor on a highly collaborative scrum team. As a team member the Engineer is expected to complete work with minimal assistance and oversight, manage their own workload within a project, and exercise good judgment within a defined scope.
This position requires a team member who is highly motivated to continuously improve individually and the team through knowledge, learning, and process refinement.
- Lead and implement features independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Work with senior engineers and architects on technical designs.
- Provide direction to other team members by being available to answer questions and perform code reviews.
- Show direction in improving Benefitfocus coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods to incorporate into our existing procedures.
- Ensure goals of team are being met by reporting any issues that hinder productivity or stability of product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development + 5-8 years of experience in software development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Java 8+
- Proven track record with planning and delivering coding assignments with high quality.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about learning and growing as a software engineer.
- Experience with Java 8+ and exposure to RDBMS or other persistence frameworks. Familiarity with UI frameworks is preferred.
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.