Product Manager III
The Product Manager will be responsible for the strategy, roadmap and delivery of a product or product features. The role involves working with cross-functional teams and may include marketing, forecasting, sales, finance, customer success and other product managers.
This role spans many types of activities, from strategic to tactical. A Product Manager provides cross-functional leadership and bridges organizational gaps between different functional groups, most often between engineering, marketing, sales, and support along with working with other product managers to drive the overall organizational vision and strategy.
Product Sense: The product manager is the voice of the customer. A Product Manager analyzes customer needs and the market to define a product vision that delivers value for our customers through iterative development and design thinking. The Product Manager owns the product roadmap which will be presented to executive leadership teams and is accountable for executing against that roadmap.
- Frequently interact with customers and user and customer experience teams to understand customer pain points, interpret market research and competitive analysis to create ideas for the product roadmap.
- Design research plans to help define customer need and value.
- Set the product vision and strategy. Define the priority of features and functionality based on customer/market need and value. Clearly articulate the customer value and business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or feature release using problem statements.
- Owns, defines, and communicates the roadmap for their product. Evaluates that roadmap every quarter to identify shifts that need to happen based on current customer needs and criticality of features based on value and effort.
- Understands KPIs that need to be met for the feature. Define the definition of success, how it should be measured and what must be achieved to be successful. Provide measurable data to support recommended strategy.
- Participate in variety of listening post discussions to ensure the voice of the customer is well reflected within the product vision.
- Be an ambassador for the product team and for the company.
- Provide clear definition for expected outcomes which enables all contributing teams to perform their roles and deliver a successful product.
- Define clear milestones for what teams must deliver and help create plans for when it could be delivered.
- Leads requirements gathering effort on the epics and size them consulting with product development, QA, implementations, etc. as needed.
- Break down Epics into Features and stories and document the story details based on the epics and features after review with engineering to size them and provide a delivery/execution plan with timelines.
- Works with engineering managers to run scrum meetings including stand-ups, retrospectives, refinement, planning and demos; define the sprint goals and continuously improve processes.
- Help clear barriers and obstacles for the development team through clear communication with key stakeholders and provide clarity to the engineering teams through well defined requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Works with UX design teams to assist them in creating mockups and validate the designs with customers.
- Ensure release notes are provided in a timely fashion to product marketing highlighting the product features and user guides with illustrations.
- Demo the pre-release version of the product with internal stakeholders, conduct training sessions and ensure product documentation is available prior to the release. Ensure post release validations and send release notes to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure product adoption with customers and identify next wave of features that improve the product.
- Working with other Product Managers and Product Owners throughout the company to create a community of practice.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Marketing or Finance. Will also accept equivalent of Bachelor Degree through any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Masters of Business Administrator or Certification in Product Management preferred.
- Demonstrated success bringing new software products or services to market.
- Solid business acumen to understand business problems and devise technical solutions.
- Proven experience driving priorities, managing trade-offs, and solving complex problems.
- Expertise working with cross functional teams including sales, user experience designers, and engineering teams in an Agile framework.
- Strongly recommended from peers at all levels of organization.
- Product Management/Agile Certification.
- Benefits & Administrate Services Industry Experience.
- Experience with Public Sector Health Plans, Government Agencies (e.g. CMS).
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.