Sr. Middleware Engineer
Who You Are
You are a Senior Middleware Engineer with extensive experience in the administration of the Middleware components and being able to enable ‘Infrastructure as code’. You have some experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, Java, .NET, ActiveMQ, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform. You are able to automate anything given to you with Ansible. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to fill a consulting role, working with the client’s engineering team. You would thrive in a casual but fast-paced environment where creativity and collaboration are rewarded.
About The Job
As a Middleware Engineer, you will administer any Middleware components that we run here at Benefitfocus. We plan to containerize our applications on Docker/Kubernetes platform and anything we can automate with Ansible will part of this job. We also plan to stop any manual installs for the Middleware layer and automate it through Ansible. We also plan to deploy our applications in the Cloud and experience with GCP, AWS will be a big plus.
What You’ll Be Doing
Administer/Automate the Middleware components - WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, Redis, ActiveMQ
- Automation – Ansible primarily, Terraform will be a plus.
- Help the rest of the Middleware team with any areas that can be automated.
- Help the Config Management/Release Engineering teams with any tasks that may need automation.
- Be a technical advisor and resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of existing systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
Be on the on-call rotation
- Expertise with Ansible. Experience with other automation tools such as Terraform is a plus.
- Expertise with Middleware products like WebLogic/Apache/Tomcat
- Experience with Cloud systems – GCP/AWS.
- Experience and Hands on Skills with Docker, Kubernetes. Experience with Rancher is a plus.
Experience with Hashicorp, OS, Networking will be a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Six or more years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
- Experience in source code version including SVN, Bitbucket, Stash or GitHub
- Experience in testing automation, continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins (is a plus)
- General knowledge of application design principles, practices design patterns, DevOps and software life cycles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.