Data Engineer, Software
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Does building and managing a platform at massive scale that enables millions of dollars of revenue sound fun? We are seeking a Data Engineer I to join the Benefitfocus Data Exchange team. This team is core to Benefitfocus products and services, constructing a data platform maximizing the speed and quality with which developers can build industry-changing capabilities.
We are looking for self-driven individuals who enjoy solving complex challenges at scale. This person should have hands on experience with full SDLC development, building and automating data services, and cloud platforms.
- Implements application features and is proficient in building scalable components
- Leads independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently
- Works with Advanced software engineers on technical designs
- Ensures code functions according to specifications and their work is completed within the allotted time frame and with high quality.
- Provides direction to other team members by being available to answer questions and perform code reviews
- Shows direction in improving coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods to incorporate into our existing procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in and out of the scrum team
- Ensures goals of team are being met by reporting any issues that hinder productivity or stability of product
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 2+ years SQL experience
- 1+ years of Health Care Data experience
- 2+ years ETL experience
- 2+ years Application Development
- Experience with AWS or cloud computing
- 1-4 years of experience in software development
- Proficient with version control systems
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA is a plus
- Motivated, self-starter, and team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment
- Successfully achieved consistent results and mastery of the competencies at the previous levels
- Experience in health benefits, healthcare provider billing, medical coding or similar industry related to healthcare data management a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with ambiguous requirements
- Familiarity with large-volume data import processing with database engines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Business-Related Field
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.