- Partner with engineering, product, and leadership to understand our current system and requirements for the future. Assist in the design and implementation of new platforms to process and use data with an eye toward maximum impact
- Design, develop, and test scalable cloud-based data solutions
- Drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality and reliability
- Mentor other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient in SQL and with general database concepts
- Proficient with Python, Scala, or Java. Quick to pick up new languages/technology.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP strongly preferred
- Experience with modern data technology strongly preferred (Spark, Hive/Presto, MapReduce, etc.)
- Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.