Manager, Professional Services
The Manager, Professional Services will be accountable for leading a cross functional team of consultants, project managers and test resources responsible for the successful delivery of carriers and suppliers. This person will also serve as the senior point of escalation for this team and across the organization for matters related to implementations. The ability to advise direct reports, internal/external project teams, as well as clients on the strategy and development milestones surrounding implementations will be critical to ongoing success in this role. The Manager will drive internal initiatives aimed at improving the delivery of our products, as well as assist in the identification of opportunities to drive best practice solutions across the entire delivery team.
In addition to standard people management and resourcing duties such as capacity planning, work forecasting and associate development, the Manager has strategic responsibilities to accelerate the effectiveness of the department for clients and internal stakeholders. Success in this position will require the ability to manage competing priorities and drive collaboration between departments. A successful Manager will also foster associate growth and develop talent with the goal of providing timely and high-quality solutions to a fast-growing base of carrier customers.
This is a full-time position that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional organization and time management skills. A successful candidate for this position must possess the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, lead team of associates, establish buy-in across the organization and must have experience with complex projects.
- Schedule and prioritize incoming work, ensure on-time delivery based on customer expectations, implantation schedules, and capacity forecasting.
- Ensure implementation delivery managers are kept up to date on the status of key deliverables, risks, and possible delivery schedule changes
- Create work forecasts and feed information into capacity planning
- Identify additional resourcing needs and work with recruiting to recruit and onboard qualified team members
- Provide leadership across a team of approximately 8-10 associates including career management & coaching, skills development, and communicating company and department strategy
- Influence a consulting time of over 30 associates on the identification and use of best practice solutions
- Maintain and improve upon Benefitfocus discovery and user acceptance testing methodologies in order to ensure quality and consistent delivery across implementations
- Develop team members and expand the talent of the team by working with associates to create development plans to expand their product and technical knowledge and consulting skills
- Manage escalations from customers and internal groups to ensure timely and quality resolutions to their issues and concerns
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities to increase team efficiency and quality
- Track on-going delivery and quality metrics
- Partner with internal groups including sales, customer support, delivery management, operations, data services, and engineering to resolve issues and improve processes and technology solutions
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor’s degree is required: business, technical or engineering degrees preferred
- 10+ years of experience in consulting/project delivery, software development, and/or software implementation environment
- Previous management experience preferred
- Prefer background in business application consulting with client-facing experience
- Experience with systems integration and field-level interface design is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of benefit plans / structures
- Knowledge of technical development projects is a plus
- Experience with producing detailed requirements documentation for software development is required
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Great collaboration skills and the proven ability to drive and measure continuous improvement
- Candidates must be self-motivated, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing business environment
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.