Event Marketing Intern
Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
Events Marketing Intern
The Events Marketing Intern will perform a variety of duties to support high-level corporate meeting coordination and events, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage administration and logistics of numerous one-time as well as ongoing meetings hosted for prospective and existing customers, internal events and other special projects as needed. You will also work on a summer project that will be presented to members of the leadership team.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Oversee all pre-meeting logistics and work with meeting host to execute
- Improve and adapt corporate meeting processes
- Help to develop new processes and plans for meeting support
- Manage and organize meeting room coordination and planning
- Manage and maintain meeting room tidiness
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. for meetings
- Negotiate favorable terms with vendors to help assist and plan meetings
- Check for technical aspects prior to start of meetings including audio visual, room temperature, etc.
- Routine check of supply cabinets and stock with snacks, drinks, candy, supplies as needed
- Executive credenza stock in executive conference rooms
- Assist with coordination of offsite lunches and dinners, while staying in budget
- Coordinate catering for breakfast, lunches and dinners, while staying in budget
- Assist with large company meetings and internal company events with direction from manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current Student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Events Marketing, or a related field
- Comfortable communicating with executive leadership
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint r
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to constantly changing situations
- Composure under pressure; ability to thrive in a healthy stress environment
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Unwavering positivity and professionalism
The Summer Internship Program incorporates daily work responsibilities in your area of focus, as well as programming with other Interns across the company to supplement your work experience give insight to all areas of our company and industry. You can expect Internship and Team social events, Lunch & Learns, Leadership Q&A’s, and more!
The Internship Project is an important component of the Internship experience. As an Intern you will work on an independent project with your Manager over the course of the summer. At the end of the summer you will present your project to an audience of Benefitfocus peers and leadership.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.