Manager, Software Engineering
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Does building and managing a platform at massive scale that enables millions of dollars of revenue sound exciting? We are seeking a Manager, Software Engineering to join the Benefitfocus Platform team. This team is core to all Benefitfocus products and services, constructing a platform maximizing the speed and quality with which developers can build industry-changing capabilities.
What makes you a good fit:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development as a hands-on contributor
- You have 3+ years of experience in software development leadership as a team lead or engineering manager
- You have hands on experience developing modern, scalable SaaS or PaaS software using technologies including Java, RESTful web services, and cloud computing services
- You work well cross-functionally, representing product development, and making hard decisions/tradeoffs
- You have a passion for people, you love helping engineers develop new skills and advance their careers
- You are great at articulating product/platform vision to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You thrive in the nuts-and-bolts of how things work
- You will develop high performing, inclusive, empowered teams
- You will drive the roadmap for your teams and work through dependencies across the company
- You will drive a culture of innovation and engineering excellence on your teams
- You will grow and mentor engineers while keeping them engaged and focused in a fully virtual workplace
- You will partner with peers across functions to craft and evolve your team's vision and strategy
- You will implement effective engineering processes that emphasize scalability and quality
- Other duties as assigned
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.