Engineer II, Software
Does building and managing a platform at massive scale that enables millions of dollars of revenue sound exciting? We are seeking a Software Engineer II to join the Benefitfocus Platform team. This team is core to all Benefitfocus products and services, constructing a platform maximizing the speed and quality with which developers can build industry-changing capabilities.
We are looking for self-driven individuals who enjoy solving complex challenges at scale. This person should have hands on experience with building and automating microservices, cloud platforms, and containerized environments.
- Ensures goals of team are being met by reporting any issues that hinder productivity or stability of product.
- Leads and implements features independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Works with senior engineers and architects on technical designs.
- Provides direction to other team members by being available to answer questions and perform code reviews.
- Shows direction in improving Benefitfocus coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods to incorporate into our existing procedures.
- Requires the ability to work well with others in and out of the team.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development recommended in addition to education requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical competencies.
- Proven track record with planning and delivering coding assignments with high quality.
- Motivated, self-starter results-oriented team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Java 8+
- AWS (or similar cloud computing service)
- Apache Kafka (or similar event streaming platform)
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Unit, integration, and performance testing
- Experience with UI frameworks such as React, Vue, and/or Angular
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.