Contractor Data Analyst
Before 2000, choosing benefits meant sifting through piles of paper, not having the resources to understand or compare plans and then hoping you picked the right one. That’s why when we launched Benefitfocus, we had one goal: to give people the knowledge, options and freedom to protect what they love most. This idea is what has propelled Benefitfocus to become the most trusted benefits management platform in the world.
It’s not just technology. It’s peace of mind.
Benefitfocus is seeking professional and motivated individual to support our customers during our Open Enrollment season as a Contractor Data Analyst. A Data Analyst is responsible for the receipt, validation, and transmission of EDI files to our trading partners. You will be tasked with ensuring that data is received timely, contains accurate information, and is sent within client processing service level agreements. You’ll be responsible for tracking daily metrics as it relates to the transmissions of these files, as well as occasional reports for the content of the data within those files. A candidate for this position should be comfortable working independently and possess a drive for finding efficiency in processes.
- For simple to medium complex file feeds, extract data files, validating results leveraging validating tools, execute work arounds, and communicating back to internal teams and external teams
- Perform triage, root cause analysis, and corrections to data issues found during validations
- Perform triage, root cause analysis, and corrections to data issues reported by customers or exceptions reports - Review analysis work performed by global Data Analysts to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate fixes or improvements to data issues across multiple departments
- Resolve customer and internal escalations in a timely manner
- Track on-going operational metrics
- Execute testing on new product releases for data processing related changes
- Execute tasks related to operationalizing new process and tool improvements
- Train new team members on processes and tools for performing Data Analyst duties
- Identify file specific opportunities to improve our processes or technology to achieve increased efficiency and/or quality
- Process ad hoc test and production files and open enrollment files
- Proactively notify internal teams if/when files will not meet their agreed upon deadlines
- Communicate directly with internal, customer and third-party teams regarding data processes and issues
- Exercise independent judgment in escalating issues to management
- Develop relationships with internal Benefitfocus teams and customers
- Time allocation – 50 - 75% File Processing, 25 - 50% Analysis/Research
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Prior Salesforce experience a plus
- ANSI 834 enrollment file knowledge a plus
- Must be able to work across multiple departments to support internal customers
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PP,)
- Ability to learn proprietary technology quickly through instruction, team collaboration and self-directed learning
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.