Channel Sales Manager - West
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Strategic Broker Consultant to join our Channel Sales team. The Strategic Broker Consultant is responsible for driving sales growth for Benefitfocus products and services through relationships with benefit brokers and consultants. The Strategic Broker Consultant will work closely with our sales teams to develop and execute go-to-market activities by leveraging cross functional teams across both organizations. This role requires the candidate to easily converse in sales and technical conversations, create and execute sales enablement initiatives across Benefitfocus and with partners, and have a solid technical skills foundation. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate must be located in the Mid West.
- Initiate new broker relationships by prospecting to firms within assigned region and establishing new Premier partnerships
- Develop relationships and implement go-to-market plans with local offices of the national Premier partnerships
- Drive new leads from Brokers and Consultants within the assigned region. Partner with Strategic Account Executives, Enterprise Account Executives, Advisors, Analytics, Video, and Back to Base teams for execution of each new sales opportunity
- Manage ongoing broker relationships to drive brand awareness and evangelism of Benefitfocus products and services within the assigned region
- Partner with Health Plan Account Executives for purposes of mutual introductions of broker relationships within the assigned region
- Be a thought leader for broker relationships and partnership strategies within the assigned region
- Serve as the quarterback of the broker relationship by introducing appropriate sales, service, and project teams to ensure overall broker health and partnership success
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Assist in sales and marketing activities as needed.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
- Additional Duties as Assigned
Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in relevant business discipline.
- 5-8 years in a Business Development, Channel Sales or Channel Management role supporting multiple partners
- External industry network with 3+ years SaaS experience - Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired. Benefits, broker, or carrier experience is a plus.
- Track record of producing sales growth
- Ability to build, execute and lead strategy in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel; ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Travel: 50%
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.