Manager, Sales Proposals
Sr. Manager, Sales Proposals
Benefitfocus (BNFT), a leading cloud software and services provider serving the insurance and employee benefits market, is seeking a Senior Manager of Sales Proposals. Serving within the sales organization, the Senior Manager of Sales Proposals leads a team of five to seven Proposal Managers, executing the bid creation and management business function in response to prospect Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Cross-functional proposal process management and ongoing process improvement. The proposal process includes inter-departmental collaboration with the sales, technical sales, product management, technology, marketing, and legal teams.
- Focused on meeting and exceeding historical wins rates and service level agreements.
- Highly developed organizational skills for Master bid scheduling
- Commercial content management
- Measurement and reporting of quality and efficiency metrics.
- Technical writing
- Proposal team recruiting, training, and professional development
- Proposal team associate performance assessment and management
- 10+ years of proposal management experience - supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
- Candidate will have excellent organizational and project management skills, able to organize and lead teams on simultaneous proposal response efforts.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Experience with large enterprise customers
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
- APMP-certification for Proposal Management is a plus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.