Sr. Data Engineer
Benefitfocus is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join the Artificial Intelligence and Insights development teams in designing and building streaming, large scale data solutions. As a Sr. Data Engineer associate, you will be expected to lead the design and implementation of features for a large product, be seen as a mentor within your team, and regularly influence the SDLC.
- Implements high priority application software and infrastructure covering database design, epic, feature and story development, re-usable code, components and application functionality
- Works with senior engineers and architects to define the application architecture and create software design for key elements of the application
- Evaluates performance of key elements of the application functionality and tunes the performance to cover the range of customer use
- Works with the scrum team to assist developers and monitor their progress against project milestones.
- Performs tech design reviews and code reviews for the scrum teams, and provides scheduling estimates
- Mentors other team members in application development techniques and database implementation
- Provides input to managers on the performance of team members for use in their reviews and participates in the interview process for new candidates
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development.
- Experience: at least 5-7 years of experience in software development in addition to education requirements
- Proficient in Java and SQL
- Experience building high throughput and scalable data pipelines
- Experience with the Cloudera Data Platform is a plus (HBase, Storm, Spark and/or Hive)
- Recognized as a role model for mid-sized teams.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts to build quality software products.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.