Analytics Support Engineer II
The Analytics Support Engineer is responsible for the tactical, day to day support of all customers on our product. In supporting the product this position is responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of responses and interactions. The focal point of this position hinges on the ability to troubleshoot issues while also identifying and implementing solutions to those issues. Identifying key product enhancements is also a critical function. This role is complex in nature and offers unlimited opportunity for growth for future advancement opportunities within and outside the team.
- Identify the Analytics problem/issue reported and be able to reproduce it
- Creates, troubleshoots, makes changes/updates to, and documents SQL stored procedures as they relate to ETL processes
- Updating production code and operation of source code control software and processes
- Provide solutions to customers’ problems/requests via phone, email and web
- Work with internal customers and development staff to evaluate, prioritize and execute initiatives for system corrections, upgrades, and new functionality
- Assist users with system use case questions and issues
- 80% Data Analysis and Engineering
- 10% Administrative Overhead
- 10% Customer Communication
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Uses good judgment, is candid and direct in interactions
- Identifies and works effectively with key stakeholders on complex cross-team or work group projects or problems
- Demonstrates ability to change direction in response to changing work situations
- Familiarity with healthcare and claim adjudication
- Strong comfort level with SQL
- Problem solving skills
- Data Analysis skills
Education, Experience and Training required:
- Education – (Bachelor’s Degree) or equivalent work experience (5-10 years’ experience in a business/technology environment.
- SQL (Novice / Intermediate) – Capable of reading and understanding T-SQL code. Capable of writing simple queries and making minor changes to stored procedures.
- Healthcare Claims (Novice) – Basic understanding of claims adjudication process and capable to articulating this knowledge clearly and applying that understanding to daily work.
- Web Browsers (Intermediate) – Confident in general use of all major web browsers and capable of troubleshooting common user issues.
- ETL Process (Novice) – Solid understanding of the ETL process and data translation methodology.
- Communication (Intermediate) – Clearly and professionally articulate questions and solutions in written and verbal form.
- Problem-solving (Intermediate) – Understands and is aware of the range of options available in new or unfamiliar situations and is able to select the appropriate course of action to produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Excel (Intermediate) – Capable of formatting data, generating simple formulas and pivoting data.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Motivation to learn
- Short learning curve
- High level of technical aptitude
- Drive and willingness to ask questions
- A keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Success Measures: The success of an Analytics Support Engineer is ultimately measured by their ability to drive the desired outcomes of our customers in a timely fashion using data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Communicate fully with all stakeholders
- Present a professional demeanor and representation with our client base
- Continued development of skill set and knowledge base as it relates to our product
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to build off current knowledge to arrive at valid solutions
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.