Business Operations Intern
Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
Business Operations Intern
As a Business Operations Intern you will join our Deal Desk team. The Deal Desk works with internal stakeholders to drive revenue and resolve business issues related to sales deals and new business models. This role is a good match for you if you have an interest in data analysis, financial analysis and reporting, Sales or Project Management and are interested in seeing how this is applied to support and grow a business and generate revenue.
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning and working within Salesforce to review deals and contracts. Becoming familiar with deal structures and understanding with key information for reporting
- Reporting Deal Desk metrics including internal SLAs, deal value, margin and discounts
- Assisting Deal Desk Analysts in the end-to-end deal review process and support the execution of contractual documents while ensuring compliance with business policies
- Creating and maintaining Deal Desk process documents
- Attending and supporting Deal Review meetings with internal stakeholders
- Networking with and researching Deal Desk best practices in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) industry. Analyze and provide findings and recommendations
Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience in Data Analysis and reporting
- Interest in technology and software industry desired
- Project coordination skills – able to juggle multiple priorities and drive your work to completion
- Collaborative – able to work well with a team, eager to learn and pitch in
- Applicants must be current students, and able to work a full-time schedule in our Charleston, SC Hub
The Summer Internship Program incorporates daily work responsibilities in your area of focus, as well as programming with other Interns across the company to supplement your work experience give insight to all areas of our company and industry. You can expect Internship and Team social events, Lunch & Learns, Leadership Q&A’s, and more!
The Internship Project is an important component of the Internship experience. As an Intern you will work on an independent project with your Manager over the course of the summer. At the end of the summer you will present your project to an audience of Benefitfocus peers and leadership.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.