Engineer IV, Software
This Engineer IV will be responsible for full cycle development of our Benefits Enrollment program. The Engineer will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, internal Engineering teams and Product Owners. Hands-on training and development for the position include the active participation and contribution to the technical design of feature development, along with involvement in code reviews.
• Designs complete and complex frameworks, systems or products.
• Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
• Contributes to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
• Contributes to the definition and refinement of development processes for application components.
• Evaluates performance of critical application components and optimizes them to assure maximum performance.
• Mentors other engineers in application architecture issues.
• Participates in the performance review of team members and in the interview process for new candidates.
Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development.
12+ years of experience in software development recommended in addition to education requirements.
• Highly accomplished professional with broad expertise, unique knowledge and specialized skills.
• Actively contributes to development and implementation of company goals and objectives.
• Exercises seasoned and well respected judgment and networking ability in obtaining results.
• 5-12 years of experience working with Java/J2EE
• Application development against a relational database (preferably Oracle) • Object-oriented design and development
• RESTful Web Services
• Fundamental understanding of distributed architectures
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.