Project Manager- Public Sector
Project Manager- Public Sector
The Public Sector Project Manager is responsible for program and customer operations to understand and resolve Data Quality issues. The Project Manager is a quality advocate within the Customer Management team, to ensure quality standards are established and met. A strong Project Manager seeks to drive resolution of complex issues in a timely and professional manner with the end goal of stabilizing the customer(s) relationship, increasing credibility, and maximizing the overall value of the customers Benefitfocus solution. As part of this process the PM will be identifying global trends and best practices to contribute back to the improvement of our product and processes, as well as communicate effectively to ensure global issues are resolved and future prevention steps are established. The success of the PM will be measured through overall relationship health, long-term case prevention, successful defect management and resolution, and minimization/mitigation of future issues. This role requires excellent customer relationship skills (internally and externally), exemplary verbal and written communication, a strong in-person presence, the capability to operate and function effectively in both a team-oriented and individual capacity, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a subject manager expert and primary point of contact for critical incident management for payroll concerns
- Advocate on behalf of customers to ensure timely resolution of critical issues
- Coordinate internal resources to resolve critical issues, including training and project management for manual workarounds
- Develop communication and action plans to deliver resolutions
- Participate in customer communication, as needed, to alleviate customer concerns
- Provide initial triage of issues prior to assigning to Tier 4 and 5 partners
- Effectively manage prioritization of payroll issues identified by Public Sector Customer Management to Tier 4 and Tier 5 partners and facilitate escalation of necessary issues to ensure timely resolution
- Ensure customer facing root cause analysis’ are provided in applicable scenarios, along with preventative measures to ensure stability and increase customer confidence
- Conduct Discovery sessions to become familiar with and have a deep understanding of the program level and/or individual customers Data Quality concerns
- Collaborate internally to construct and arrange execution of corrective action plans to eliminate repeat scenarios and promote transparency
- Provide direction to the Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Support teams, as needed, to resolve data concerns for program level and customer specific issues
- Identify and recommend Platform enhancements and fixes to resolve and prevent critical issues
- Identify and implement process improvements to prevent critical issues, build customer loyalty and increase operational efficiencies
- Demonstrate effective command of Benefitfocus governance and decision-making processes, products/solutions, organizational structures, and technology infrastructure
- Recommend solutions based on industry and internal knowledge and best practices
- Document all communication, consistently provide status updates on active issues, and maintain accurate and up-to-date status of all triage actions performed within our issue management system
- Provide recommendations on Data Quality standards and best practices taken from lessons learned and identified trends
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management, and multi-tasking skills
* Knowledge of Excel (formulas, pivot tables, audit functions, etc.)
* Ability to deliver quality results in a fast-paced environment
* World-class verbal and written communication skills that focus on concise and informative content for internal and customer audiences
* Ability to interact with high level executives both internally and externally
* Experience developing strategies that drive success through delivering value and insight tailored to each unique customer
* Strong existing internal network and ability to build strong rapport with associates at all levels
* Industry knowledge is a plus - Insurance, Benefits Administration, SaaS, Healthcare
Education, Experience and Training required:
* B.S. or B.A. required
* 5+ years’ experience at Benefitfocus
* Experience in successfully diffusing escalated client relationships
* Strong proficiency in SalesForce CRM, JIRA, MS Office
- The success of a Project Manager is ultimately measured by the ability to transition escalated customers with payroll data quality issues into a stable state, through successful positioning and implementation of solutions.
- The success of a Project Manager can be measured through an increase in quality results, as a result of positioning and implementing additional quality checks for files prior to file delivery.
- The success of a Project Manager can be measured by successful case prevention, which ultimately will lead to a reduction in payroll data quality cases, both on the program and client specific levels.
- Measured by demonstrating percent reduction in timing for payroll engineering cases, by consolidating issues in individual cases into master issues, as well as successful engagement with engineering to reduce ticket times.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.