Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
The position is designed to expose law students to different substantive areas of the law in a corporate setting. You will work on an Intern Project which you will present to leadership at the end of the summer. During your internship, you may work on various projects and tasks, including, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Review non-disclosure agreements, data protection agreements and business associate agreements
- Assist with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, including, but not limited to, services agreements, statements of work, and vendor agreements
- Assist with contract management and review
- Conduct legal research and conduct legal analysis across a broad array of matters
- Perform other tasks in support of the legal department
Experience and Skills
- Candidates must be enrolled full-time as a first or second-year law student and shall be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher) at an ABA-accredited law school
- Interest or experience in corporate and commercial law and practice
- Interest or experience in software and information technology
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to respond to inquiries from multiple business clients efficiently and courteously
- Ability to conduct research when needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects when needed
- Attention to detail, dependable and proactive
Physical Work Demands
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, and using the telephone
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
Mental Work Demands
- Regular and on-time attendance
- Attentiveness to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.