Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the ongoing activities and operations of our C-Suite in Charleston, SC. As an Executive Assistant, you're at the heart of your team's business operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment, associates and are up to date with the latest. You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Administrative jobs at Benefitfocus are staffed by organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things. Working behind the scenes, we make a significant impact on the people we support, so our executives can focus on our customers. We're adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
The Executive Assistant will act as a seamless extension of the group's leaders and will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout the organization. A successful candidate will have experience with heavy calendar management, travel coordination, event planning, large internal team meetings, leadership meetings, and external meeting coordination. This role requires outstanding planning, time management, and a passion for organization. Superior attention to detail, great judgement, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests across teams is critical. The right candidate will have a strong bias for action and the ability to think proactively and strategically, while anticipating needs. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is imperative. Humor, composure, and the ability to foster a fun and positive team environment is a must, as is flexibility and a willingness to turn on a dime as priorities shift.
- Serve as first line of support to members of the Benefitfocus c-level executive team.
- Communicate with C-level executives, senior management, vendors, Partners, Board and Investors and customers on a daily basis.
- Manage the Executive's calendar and ensure time is carefully coordinated and planned so that priority meetings are held on a timely basis, with appropriate prep/briefings prior.
- Experience working in a hybrid environment and supporting executives that are based in multiple locations.
- Work with other administrative team members and Associates to ensure appropriate appointments are scheduled, while being inclusive of multiple locations and time zones.
- Manage incoming calls and emails, ensuring high priority items are escalated to Executive as appropriate.
- Draft and edit internal communications.
- Generate meeting notes and document areas for follow up, cascading to members of the team as requested.
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Organize domestic & international travel and expenses for the leadership team, preparing extensive travel itineraries and managing the entire travel process (hotel, ground transport, customer meetings, etc.).
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all hands, fireside chats, off-sites, and other team events)
- Assist with customer on-site meetings, events and logistics to support positive meeting outcomes on a recurring basis.
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports for the leadership team.
- Ongoing support, as needed, to prepare adhoc reports through PowerPoint, Excel, or Microsoft, Word.
- Manage projects as requested.(Ex. Board Meetings, earnings calls, keynotes for corporate events)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions within agreed upon limits (Anticipatory Service).
- Highly motivated, organized individual able to deliver results with minimal supervision in a sometimes ambiguous environment/ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Solutions-oriented and resourceful. Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and team objectives
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve process and efficiency
- Software industry, and/or high-tech experience preferred.
- Collaborate with other internal team members & support staff on best practices and scheduling needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Project management experience
- Excellent leadership and professional presence.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive materials with discretion
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Dedication to demonstrate and uphold our Benefitfocus Core Values: Respect, Own It, Together, Community, Anticipate, and Celebrate!
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.