Mortgage Loan Officer - Raleigh-Durham
The Loan Officer is responsible sourcing and originating loan applications from consumers and maintaining relationships to develop an active pipeline of applicants.
Ideal candidates for this position have a strong service-oriented mindset with prior loan sale experience, excellent communication skills, and proven knowledge of mortgage lending compliance and regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Establish and maintain relationships through frequent travel with individuals including existing clients, past clients, and real estate professionals to generate business referrals.
- Maintain a pipeline of applications within federal and state regulations.
- Analyze mortgage applications and determine the programs best meeting the needs of the consumer.
- Gather required application data and provide initial documents and disclosures to the applicant.
- Communicate and educate the consumer on qualified programs including benefits and risks.
- Provide all applicable initial documents and disclosures to the loan processor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to generate leads
- Customer service oriented
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of various loan products (FHA, VA, conventional, etc.)
- General knowledge of credit reports and debt-to-income ratios
- Ability to adapt to market changes
- Knowledge of the mortgage loan process
- One to two years residential mortgage origination experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Licensed in market area and registered nationally in NMLS.
- Professional certifications (CMB, CMC, CMPS) preferred.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Requires normal vision (corrected) both close and distant.
- Requires normal hearing levels (corrected).
- Requires working at a desk to use a phone and computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, bending.
- Works effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Lifting requirements of 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent travel >50%.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) plans with a Company match
- Company-provided life insurance
- AND MORE!