Mortgage Loan Officer - Flemington, NJ
With Relationships as one of Benchmark’s core values, building and maintaining relationships in order to source loan applications is the primary focus of our loan officers. The Loan Officer sources and originates loan applications from consumers and maintains relationships to develop and keep an active pipeline of applicants.
Ideal candidates for this position have a strong service-oriented mindset with prior loan sale experience, excellent communication skills, and proven knowledge of mortgage lending compliance and regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Establish and maintain relationships through frequent travel with individuals including existing clients, past clients, and real estate professionals to generate business referrals.
- Maintain a pipeline of applications within federal and state regulations.
- Analyze mortgage applications and determine the programs best meeting the needs of the consumer.
- Gather required application data and provide initial documents and disclosures to the applicant.
- Communicate and educate the consumer on qualified programs including benefits and risks.
- Support communication through the loan process between operations staff and the borrower.
- Provide all applicable initial documents and disclosures to the loan processor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to generate leads
- Customer service oriented
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of various loan products (FHA, VA, conventional, etc.)
- General knowledge of credit reports and debt-to-income ratios
- Ability to adapt to market changes
- Knowledge of the mortgage loan process
- Proven ability to monitor and track multiple deadlines
- One to two years residential mortgage origination experience required.
Education / Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Licensed in market area and registered nationally in NMLS.
- Professional certifications (CMB, CMC, CMPS) preferred.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Requires normal vision (corrected) both close and distant.
- Requires normal hearing levels (corrected).
- Requires working at a desk to use a phone and computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, bending.
- Works effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Lifting requirements of 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent travel >50%.
Along with a great culture and competitive pay, at Benchmark Mortgage our full-time employees are eligible for additional benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) plans with a Company match
- Company-provided life insurance
- AND MORE!