Senior Advisor, People and Culture - based in Moncton, New Brunswick
You will partner with managers and employees to accomplish business objectives through the application of thoughtful, intentional and innovative people practices. You will apply your expertise and deliver front-line counsel and guidance in employee relations, talent management, internal communications & change management, along with general HR administration. Based in Moncton, New Brunswick, you will travel throughout Atlantic Canada and West Ontario, approximately 10-15% of the time.
Who You Are…You are passionate and energized by helping others be successful! You are best with understanding the big picture, moving at a fast pace while not losing sight of the details and a little ambiguity. You love to partner, build a better way, and have a reputation for adding value to all that you do!
Your Role Includes…
- Support Managers through coaching performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow up of action plans around improving employee’s performance.
- Provide effective and timely first line People and Culture support and counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various HR related topics including assisting to interpret defined People and Culture policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and corporate HR-related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- Lead and conduct investigations in partnership with business partners and internal resources regarding violations of our companies Code of Ethics.
- Investigate and review involuntary separation requests from managers to ensure compliance with company policies, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable legislation, and make a recommendation to Senior Leadership partners on how to proceed.
- Support Managers with disability management cases (work related and non-work related) and follow up with internal and external partners on progression of each file including return to work planning.
- Being an ambassador of change management and assist Managers through transformation.
- Support business partners with development of internal communication plan, key messages, company communications based on various business initiatives that have a people impact.
- Support managers to achieve their goals linked to the Annual employee surveys.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the department and provide recommendation on action plans for improvement.
- Ensure that Validate and confirm that all HR administrative forms are correctly completed by managers with appropriate approvals, and regularly create and maintain employee files in partnership with People and Culture Technician.
- Prepare and administer termination notices and related documentation around termination of employment.
- Support hiring managers' determine needs through winning profile and staffing. Have position benchmark with Compensation team, if needed, to determine corporate salary range and other applicable working conditions.
- Support hiring managers interview management candidates for open positions and determine appropriate hiring wage in partnership with internal Talent Acquisition partners
- Maintains and evaluates broad based knowledge of company business on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to People and Culture Manager on actions that will enhance specific needs, productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Align with corporate and department objectives.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field and a CHRP designation.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years generalist experience, in a multi-unit retail or wholesale organization.
- Previous experience conducting workplace investigations, managing disability claims, developing internal communication plans, and supporting and coaching senior management on complex employee relations issues.