Part Time Residential Technician - CRMA (rotating days/nights)
Part-Time Residential Technician / CRMA
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is looking for a hardworking, caring and dependable Residential Technician / CRMA willing to provide superior care to clients who are receiving care at the recovery center. CRMA’s primary job duties include various tasks maintaining the facility and assisting clients with their activities of daily living and promoting independence and quality of life. The CRMA will be rotating days and nights, part time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manning the nurse’s station to answer questions and direct clients.
- General office work.
- Knowledge of the company and services offered and can accurately describe this information to new clients.
- Accompanying clients outside for cigarette breaks.
- Preparing bedrooms for new admissions, which includes dressing beds with clean sheets and comforter, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning all hard surfaces and ensuring each room has the proper accommodations (alarm clock, sound machine, fan, hamper, etc.).
- Assisting the kitchen with washing, drying and putting away dishes.
- Tidying up the dining area after meal times to include wiping all tables and chairs, pushing in chairs, sweeping and mopping the floor, emptying trashes, etc.
- Checking the client bathrooms for cleanliness.
- Maintaining cleanliness and presentation of the day rooms, which includes removing any dishes or trash, folding and putting away blankets, straightening pillows, sanitizing hard surfaces, etc.
- Assisting housekeeping staff with laundry.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients and interacts with them in an appropriate manner.
- Assisting medical or kitchen staff with any other related tasks.
- Assist in admission process (UA collection, searching property, BA testing, sanitation, etc.).
- Thoroughly searches individuals’ belongings upon admission and properly disposes of any forbidden items.
- Properly logs and stores individuals’ belongings.
- Passing, logging and disposal of medications.
- Always demonstrates proper handwashing techniques and uses gloves whenever necessary.
- Administers medication by the route ordered according to the physician’s orders.
- Completes hourly rounds for each client and appropriately assesses the environment/need for increased checks.
- Checking vital signs for individuals, and promptly reporting results to RN/provider.
- Auditing and correcting EHR records.
- Assisting with Omnicell – witnessing the removal of scheduled medications.
- Assists with the discharge process and completes all necessary documentation.
- Admitting and assisting with discharging individuals into Omnicell/Omniview.
- Assists with completing any weekly/monthly medical report forms.
- Keeps medication rooms and medication cart cleaned, stocked and organized at all times.
- Participates in facility quality improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities for efficiency and improved client experience
- Any other related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Residential Medication Aide (CRMA), preferred, will certify on site.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- BLS preferred but will certify on site if needed.
- Must pass all background and driving record checks
- Satisfactory drug screen.
- Ability to successfully complete training in, and demonstrate a practical use of, Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid and behavior intervention techniques.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good computer skills in order to access emails, training and record keeping/data collection software.
- Ability to perform general household upkeep and maintenance.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is committed to helping people achieve lasting sobriety through comprehensive care and compassionate support. Founded by and staffed with individuals in recovery themselves, we treat residents with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our Portland Maine rehab center provides individualized care and evidence-based clinical approaches in an environment that promotes healing.
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.