Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
** Sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
Substance Abuse Counselor – IL
The Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Substance abuse counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, Substance abuse counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Individual will conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments and the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to State regulatory requirements
- Provide clinical services and patient care and education and opiate addiction counseling services to patients
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- CADC or 2 years to obtain certification working while supervised.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals;
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Understanding of an EMR system (electronic medical records)
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Center, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.