PT Medical Director
At MedMark, we take a patient-centered approach to opioid addiction treatment. In the first days of treatment, we will design an individualized plan that is suited to your needs. We do not just offer rehabilitation counseling and methadone treatment; MedMark clinics also provide physical evaluations, drug screenings, case management services, relapse prevention education, and after-care planning. Additionally, certain clinic locations offer methadone detox, buprenorphine maintenance, and group counseling. All of our services focus on helping you achieve long-term sobriety to enhance your wellbeing and improve your quality of life.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
• Serve as Physician for MedMark Treatment Centers
• Admitting Patients for Methadone and Buprenorphine Treatment.
• Physician will obtain a history and physical exam.
• Documentation into the EMR, entering orders for methadone dosing in the EMR or writing a buprenorphine prescription (soon this will be electronic, but we currently have a waiver to use written scripts while we are moving to a new EMR).
• Consistently monitoring patient dosages in conjunction with the Treatment Center Director, Counselors and Dosing Nurses.
• Consulting on patients that are high risk and doing annual medication reviews.
• Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Board Certified or Eligible in any Residency will be considered
- Boarded Certified or Eligible in Addiction Medicine preferred
- Must be licensed in the state of Florida and have a X-DEA waiver
- Must be able to interact compassionately with a diverse population
- Drug rehabilitation training/knowledge is helpful
- Previous substance abuse treatment and/or primary care experience strongly preferred
MedMark Treatment Center is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws