- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Do you want to make a Difference? Apply Today
HCRC (Health Care Resource Center) services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
HCRC (Health Care Resource Center) is an addiction treatment program that deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At HCRC (Health Care Resource Center), we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge of assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Substance abuse counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, Substance abuse counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses, and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for the best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of 2+ years of individual counseling experience or a Master's Degree in Behavioral Science with 3+ years of individual counseling experience
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
HCRC (Health Care Resource Center),is a progressive substance abuse treatment program, that is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and improved quality of life.
HCRC (Health Care Resource Center) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.