Substance Abuse Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
BAART services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
BAART, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At BAART, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: FT Substance Abuse Counselor
**MUST BE REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED TO BE CONSIDERED!**
Location: (San Francisco) Turk, CA
Schedule: M-F 7a-3p
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Registered for substance abuse counseling in the state of CA. Certified preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of counseling.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Bilingual Preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Free CEUs offered
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
- Birthday PTO
What to expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.