- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor - LCDC
Compassionate Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor/Therapist Needed!
Do you want to make a Difference? Apply Today!
MedMark Treatment Center is an addiction treatment program that deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
The Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. LCDC conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome
- Responsible for treatment and casework services to patients as directed by the counseling supervisor.
- Provide timely counseling and documentation for patient services based on plan of care and complete referrals
- Document patient other identified needs: such as psychological and social needs
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments and the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to State OTP regulations.
- Must be an LCDC and license in the state of Texas.
- Required/Maintained state trainee status, intern, registration or in training standing.
- Have experience working with opiate addicted population.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of ASI criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Centers is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Centers is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.