- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Part Time Outpatient Services Counselor
Part Time Outpatient Counselor - West Monroe, LA
New Day Recovery is guided by a philosophy where hope, respect, and personal dignity serve as the catalysts for rebirth and transformation. It is our belief that when individuals are spiritually alive, mentally clear and alert, emotionally stable, and physically fit, they cannot help but maintain a socially balanced lifestyle. To achieve this, New Day Recovery seeks to provide the highest quality care that is grounded in evidence-based practices while, at the same time, providing a sense of connection and belonging for those who come through our doors seeking a new day and a new life. Join our team to help save patients’ lives.
Duties: The Outpatient Services Counselor will be responsible for coordinating with other inpatient substance abuse treatment professionals who provide counseling and other therapeutic services. Counselors carry a client caseload and assist in providing routine therapeutic services.
- Complete assessments, treatment plans, counseling sessions, case notes, and discharge plans as required ensuring that high quality services are maintained.
- Maintain case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation.
- Coordinate with outlying agencies, sober-living homes, and non-profits to ensure continuity-of-care for clients leaving outpatient services.
- Provide aftercare planning services upon discharge from IOP, as needed. Collect follow-up data from clients who complete IOP.
- Promotes an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions and empowerment.
- Attend staff meetings, supervisory meetings, and other activities, which ensure the smooth functioning of clinical operations.
- Fosters teamwork and organizational structures to improve communication and simplify the organization.
- Coordinates efforts with the Program Director to ensure organizational consistency with treatment, operations, and evaluative efforts.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree is required.
- Degree in mental health field is preferred.
- Position requires a certification, registration, license, or submission of such, from the state of Louisiana that allows the individual to provide clinical services specific to substance abuse, LDAC, LMFT, LPCC, LPC, LMSW preferred.
- DHH provider standards must be met.
- Demonstration of knowledge or expertise with addictive disorders and drug treatment is required.
- Addiction counseling and/or substance abuse treatment history, preferred.
- Attention to detail and completeness of all clinical notes and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
What to expect from us:
New Day Recovery a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of treatment, to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
New Day Recovery is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.