- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for 24/7 program
BAART Programs is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
BAART Programs, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings in a 24 / 7 program. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At BAART, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: Full Time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Boyle Heights, CA
Schedule: 24 / 7 program - Full-Time 3rd shift available
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- 55% of each work day provide direct services to clients
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- ASAM placement assessment
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensures accurate and current clinical records are maintained in accordance with Federal and State Regulations governing NTP clinics
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Must be Certified for substance abuse counseling in the state of CA.
- Experience working in an OPT clinic a plus
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in behavioral science and counseling/case management experience
- Must exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Salary ranges from $24.30 to $33.13 an hour.
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training.
BayMark offers excellent benefits:
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Accident Injury, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plans
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider the total compensation package by contacting us at BayMark Health Services for more information.
What to expect from us:
BAART Programs, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.