- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Counselor - ADT or ADT Eligible
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist Trainee Needed!
MedMark Treatment Center deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings.
At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
The Counselor Trainee will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Addiction counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Addiction Counselor certification or license is required: Trainee Status letter from the state of Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Current CAC-AD, CSC-AD status as a Counselor at The Professional Board of Counselors & Therapist State of Maryland prefer
- Satisfactory criminal background and drug screen
- Free Parking
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Center, a progressive substance abuse treatment program, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.