Compassionate Substance Abuse Counseling Supervisor Needed!
Primary Job Function:
The Counselor Supervisor will supervise the Counselors and Counselor Interns who provide treatment and casework services to patients in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. The counselor supervisor will ensure timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Must identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Supervisor will also manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct supervision to counselors as well as assist in the ongoing supervision of staff through meetings, in-service training’s, guest speakers and reviewing literature
- Facilitates performance improvement discussions, documentation and follow up
- Direct pre-admission decisions, case reviews and counseling meetings to ensure services are provided in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Conducts quality assurance file reviews
- Ensures accurate and current clinical records are maintained in accordance with Federal and State Regulations governing NTP clinics. Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients.
- Monitors treatment and counseling of all patients.
- Assigns counselors’ caseloads, amends when necessary.
- Screens potential patients and determines eligibility.
- Supervise all intake operations and review intake assessments for quality. Assists with interviews for open positions and assists in new hire training
- May be required to counsel a caseload of patients.
- Assist with completing incident reports. Completes and submits patient death reports, as needed.
- Provide guidance and support to counselors needing to obtain licensure and / or certification
- Oversee counselor related annual trainings and ensure trainings are completed
- Facilitate employee performance discussions and evaluations
- Communicate clinic, employee and patients concerns to employees and leadership
- Attend staff meetings and assist program development activities.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion
- Other related duties assigned
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) required
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
- Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
BAART Program, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Program is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.