Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor/Thearpist Needed!
** Generous sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Minimum of Bachelors in Behavioral Science and 3 years' experience. Masters and LADC preferred
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) a progressive substance abuse treatment program is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.