FT Substance Use Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
The Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid use disorder. The counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Master's Degree in Human Science Fields.
- Full or provisionally licensed in the state of North Carolina, LCAS or LCAS-A required
- Previous experience working with Medically Assisted Treatment addiction patients for at least one year preferred.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Ideal candidate will be personable, adaptable & coachable. Have the ability to identify with patients' struggle and has a passion for this career path!
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
BAART Programs, a BayMark Health Services Company, is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.