Benefits and Compensation Manager
BayMark Health Services, the country’s leader in provision of outpatient treatment for Opioid Use Disorders, is seeking a Benefits and Compensation Manager to join our growing Human Resources department. Our Human Resources team supports the regions across 26 states with more than 167 locations, and counting!
The Benefits and Compensation Manager will be responsible for the administration managing of employee benefits and compensation functions in all company operations. The manager plans, develops, and implements new and revised compensation and benefits programs, as well as policies and procedures to be responsive to the company’s goals and competitive practices. The manager will also develop cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to the company and employees for benefits. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance through audits, legal reports, personal interactions hat company compensation and benefits are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assist in the development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyze union benefits demands. Obtain and prepare cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
- Provides advice to staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
What makes you a stellar Benefits and Compensation Manager at BayMark Health Services?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or related field
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in compensation
- 5+ years of experience in benefits administration
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Evidence of the practice of high level confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volume of detail work accurately and efficiently while meeting deadlines
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems, and adjust to schedule changes
- Satisfactory references from employers, supervisors, and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Ability to travel as necessary
Here’s what you can expect when you join our all-star team:
- A service driven culture based on Core Values that matter
- Education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your highest potential
- A comprehensive benefits packaged designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being, and your future
Why should you join BayMark Health Services?
BayMark Health Services has the resources and culture that allows our Human Resources Professionals to be an integral part of operations. This role will impact our staff members (thus our patients) lives every day. This is a role that is ever changing and will continue to grow and develop as our organization matures. Join us as we pursue our vision to be the national leader in medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorder by creating Centers of Excellence for addiction treatment, and integrated primary healthcare with unparalleled quality of care.