Hybrid Full Time Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
Hybrid Schedule: Hybrid schedules are available to those who are heavily qualified and have extensive experience in the addiction counseling field. Hybrid clinicians will be provided a laptop and permitted to work 50% in the office and 50% from home after the initial 60-90 day on-site training period.
Work Schedule: three days in the office, two days remote, and two days off.
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment.
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints.
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans. Completes all discharge paperwork.
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Minimum HS Diploma, Associates or CRSW; Bachelors or Masters in Related Field preferred.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus.
- LADC, LCMHC, LICSW, MLADC highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward our patient population.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
Health Care Resource Centers, a BayMark Health Services, is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.